Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ben Whishaw AKA Q these days, my review



I became a huge fan of Ben's after I saw his brilliant portrayal of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille in Perfume several years ago. I had previously seen him with Daniel Craig in Layer Cake before & also in the British indie, Brideshead Revisited, but I was more in tune to the star, Matthew Goode at that point, however after Perfume opened my eyes up to his super talents, I was sold. Then when I saw him portray the famous poet, John Keats in Jane Campion's Bright Star opposite Abbie Cornish, I fell in love with the most soulful British actor I had seen in many years. I was enthralled, & have been following his rising star since. He was profound in Cloud Atlas, & then played the really cool genius, Q, in Skyfall & will be reprising his role for the next Bond movie which I was extremely happy to hear. He got critical acclaim for his role as Richard II in the BBC's The Hollow Crown which will premiere on BBCA this fall, as well as for his short lived role as Freddie Lyons in the BBC's The Hour. He will be seen next in The Zero Theorem, (by Terry Gilliam), & the drama, Lilting & will start filming soon for Ron Howard's "In the Heart of the Sea". If you haven't seen any of his films besides Skyfall, check them out, he's got that special something & will undoubtedly be much better known by this time next year.

Below are some of his works in pics & videos: 

Perfume






Brideshead Revisited






Bright Star








The Tempest









BBC's The Hour







BBC's The Hollow Crown





Cloud Atlas





Skyfall








One last honorable mention is his work as Keith Richards in the 2005 flick about Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones 
Stoned






No comments: