Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 Seconds To Mars - Into The Wild Tour

OMFG, I am SOOOO beyond upset that their Texas gig was cancelled. It was bad enough that they were originally scheduled for a tiny venue in Austin (don't get me wrong, I LOVE Austin & find any excuse to visit), but now it has been cancelled.  Why???  I don't get it, they weren't even scheduled for any other Texas venue either. I still think that they should be able to pack the Toyota Center here in Houston, damn that would have totally rocked!  OK, I will try to find peace within now so I can write how absolutely excellent this band is.  Their music is outstanding rock, with different sounds all over the place.  Makes it even better in my opinion.  Not sticking with just one sound on all tracks is much better, imho.  I hear influences from U2, Queensryche, & other bands.  This tour is to promote their latest album, This Is War.  I actually love their first 2 albums, 30 Seconds to Mars, & A Beautiful Lie, but this one is by far their best.   30 Seconds To Mars official website

Fronted by Jared Leto, as well as rhythm guitar, his brother, Shannon Leto on drums, Tomo Milicevic on lead guitar & keys, they have an amazing energy that doesn't seem to ever quit on stage.  They even went down into the audience to play for most of one concert to the dismay of the people that paid mucho for tickets in front of the stage.  Of course, yours truly here has not had the pleasure of seeing them live yet since Texas failed to make the cut for an appearance for some crazy reason, but I have seen all the clips of them in concert from this tour on youtube.  All I can say is what a show it must be from the bits I can see.  Leto has proven himself a good actor since around '94, but now has truly proven himself as an excellent composer & singer.  He never fails to give their fans a show either, always keeping it fresh, frequently changing his style & color of hair, (he apparently really digs mohawks).  Another really cool plus are the short films they are making for their music videos, one really excellent one is "From Yesterday" off the CD, "A Beautiful Lie".  The video was shot in China & was released in 2006. Here is the full 13 minute short movie of "From Yesterday" posted on Hulu here >

They were just nominated for a VMA for Best Rock video & Video of the Year for their Kings & Queens video from This Is War.  You can vote for them here for Video of the Year  & here for Best Rock Video

Here is the official short movie of "Kings & Queens" posted on Hulu here >




  Evidently his acting experience is helping with the video making as all of them are very good & worth watching.  The newest one I am anxiously waiting to see is their title cut off This Is War, they keep putting up teasers on youtube of what's to come & damn if it doesn't look like an actual war movie.
Here is a teaser:


OK, yeah they ROCK!  I can't wait to see this new video if they ever release it, they have already put out 3 teasers of it in the past couple of months.

I am editing this to add something I forgot about, the band organized over a thousand 30 STM fans to record a "digital summit" to add to several of their tracks on the This Is War album that sounds so incredibly like a professional choral, it blew me away.  Below is a video about this on youtube:

OK, I have one more thing to add & that is their new music video of "Closer to the Edge" that was just released today, August 16th.  I LOVE this song!  Here you go >

Thirty Seconds To Mars - Closer To The Edge

Thirty Seconds to Mars | MySpace Music Videos

______________________________________________________________
Well peeps, I am out of here for now.  So go see 30 Seconds To Mars if they come to a town near you.  It will be well worth your money, I assure you.

No comments: